The main uses of gelatin are:
1, Edible gelatin
Rhenium is an important ingredient and additive in the food industry, often used as a gelling agent, stabilizer, emulsifier, etc.
2, biofilm materials
The most widely studied gelatin-based film materials at home and abroad are mainly chitosan-gelatin blended films, polylactic acid-gelatin blended films, and polyvinyl alcohol-gelatin blended films.
3. Medical fiber
Blend spinning with other composite materials and gelatin to improve the mechanical properties of gelatin-based medical fiber materials.
4. Tissue repair and replacement
Gelatin-based composites are used as tissue engineering scaffold materials and signal molecular carriers. The gelatin solution is crosslinked to form a hydrogel. According to different tissue repair requirements, ideal gelatin-based tissue engineering materials can be designed.
Turn left | Turn right
Used in the manufacture of fiber textiles, insulation materials, paper, holographic materials, etc. In industrial gelatin, it is customary to use protein gelatin for extracting hydrolyzed animal protein as protein gelatin, and feed gelatin special for feed additives as feed gelatin.
Gelatin is partially degraded by collagen in connective tissues such as animal skin, bone, sarcolemma, and muscle charm to become white or light yellow, translucent, slightly shiny flakes or powder particles; therefore, it is also called animal gelatin, tincture gum.
The basic classification of gelatin:
1. Gelatin can be divided into skin gelatin and bone gelatin according to the extracted raw materials. Skin gelatin can be subdivided into cowhide gelatin, pigskin gelatin, chicken skin gelatin, fish skin gelatin and so on. Fish scale gelatin is gelatin extracted from fish scale as a raw material in recent years.
2. Gelatin is divided into alkaline gelatin (also known as type B gelatin), acid gelatin (also known as type A gelatin), and enzymatic gelatin according to the production method. The biggest difference between the three types of gelatin is that the pretreatment process in the gelatin production process uses different methods.
3. Gelatin can be divided into edible gelatin, medicinal gelatin, photographic gelatin and industrial gelatin according to the purpose. The world's annual output of gelatin has reached 320,000 tons, and edible gelatin accounts for more than 60% of the total.
4. Gelatin can be divided into high-grade gelatin, low-grade gelatin, and bone glue according to different quality. Among them, high-grade gelatin is referred to as gelatin.